5 more days until the Wreck Me release day. To continue the countdown today I’m having a character fashion show. Make sure to enter at the end to win some cool prizes including a $25 Victoria Gift Card. And don’t forget to visit Danielle Sibarium’s blog to check out her character fashion show.
Piper likes to wear jeans and loose shirts, but every so often her badass side comes out and she puts on a pair of leather pants
Chase is a jeans and plaid button down shirt kind of guy. Anything he wears looks just right on him.
Mike, Piper’s boyfriend, likes the nice preppy look.
Lola, Piper’s best friend, likes a little rock and roll with her jeans.
Robbie, Lola’s boyfriend & Chase’s best friend, is 100% rocker/ skateboarder type. He likes his rock band T-shirts.
As the lead singer of Almost Broken Kiki likes her leather and looking like a total badass rock star.
Amber, Piper’s friend, is all about the finer things in life and always looking pretty.
I will admit it now: I’m a sucker for romance. My favorite movies are romantic comedies. I know. Please don’t judge. To continue my celebration of the Wreck Me Release, only 6 days away, I’m sharing my top ten favorite romantic movies. Make sure to check out Danielle Sibarium’s list of her favorite romantic movies. And at the end of the page make sure to enter to win some cool prizes.
10. Hope Floats:Harry Connick JR has never been sexier.
9. Ghost:Who thought the word ditto could mean so much.
8. My Big Fat Greek Wedding:I never laughed so much as I felt I was watching my family.
7. Endless Love:Every time I watch this movie I’m reminded why I love writing about romance.
6. The Faults of Our Stars:Both the book and the movie made me cry.
5. Say Anything:Who doesn’t want a guy to hold a boom-box over their heads for them.
4. 50 First Dates:This movie made me actually fall in love with Adam Sandler.
3. A Walk to Remember:She saved him as he became her miracle. Just a beautiful love story that made me cry.
2. Dirty Dancing:Because no one puts Baby in the corner. And really, who can resist a man who dances?
Another day closer to the Wreck Me’s release day. Get to know Piper and Chase better in this Character’s Studio. And make sure to visit Danielle Sibarium’s blog to get to know Kenzie and Brayden from Regret Me Not.
1.What is your favorite word?
Piper: Dream, because we all have dreams and it’s up to us to make them come true.
Chase: Music. It sounds like a song as it comes out of your mouth.
2. What is your least favorite word?
Piper: Death. It’s just so final.
Chase: Loser. Nobody wants to be a loser.
3. What turns you on?
Piper: Breathing in my ear. And Chase’s blue eyes
4. What turns you off?
Chase: People getting in my business.
5. What sound do you love?
Piper: The sound of water hitting the ceramic tub.
Chase: The strings on my Fender guitar.
6. What sound do you hate?
Piper: Lola’s voice when she’s mad at me.
Chase: Piper crying when I know I’m the reason.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
Piper: Fuck. It’s just such strong word.
Chase: Asshole. It describes so many people in my life.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Piper: An English professor.
Chase: A doctor.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Piper: Anything in politics.
Chase: Any job at my father’s company.
10. Tells us something no one knows about you?
Piper: I fell in love with Chase faster than I should have.
Chase: The minute I saw Piper, I knew she was going to change my life.
Wreck Me is almost here. The countdown continues with the Wreck Me soundtrack. A lot of these songs inspired certain scenes in Wreck Me. Make sure to check out Danielle Sibarium’s soundtrack for Regret Me Not.
In celebration of the Wreck Me and Regret Me Not release on June 17, 2014 Danielle Sibarium and I are sharing 25 fun fact about ourselves and our books.
5 Fun Facts About Hold on Tight:
1. I came up with the idea for the story Hold on Tight after watching a marathon of Dawson Creek and Felicity when I was sick with the flu.
2. The first character I came up with was Court.
3. Bethel Woods, the place three scenes take place is ten miles from my house, and it’s where I go to see summer concert. It is also the home of where the Woodstock concert took place 45 years ago.
4.The main character Emma’s love of ice cream was inspired by me. I believe happiness can be found in a bowl of ice cream.
5.Hold on Tight has had three different covers. What can I say I get bored very quickly.
5 Fun Facts About Letting Go:
1. When I was 80% done with the Letting Go manuscript I lost my laptop, which contained the only copy. I had to rewrite the whole book, making sure I saved it on three different memory sticks.
2. One of the scenes takes place at an O.A.R concert at Bowery Ball Room in New York City. I really went to that concert three days before Hold on Tight was official released.
3. Every chapter in Hold on Tight and Letting Go were titled after songs. And the town Cypress Oak was named after the rap group Cypress Hill.
4. My dream is to open a cafe just like the Black Bird Cafe, where the characters Mila and Nash work.
5. Every time I had to work on the scene between Emma and her mother, where the truth is revealed, I cried hysterically.
5 Fun Facts About Because of You:
1. I got the idea for the story Because of You after watching this Youtube video:
2. Because of You was first titled Austin & Jade and then By Your Side.
3. I am not fan of One Direction, but their song Moments became the song I listened to non-stop while writing Because of You.
4. I modeled Austin after the guy I wish I had dated in high school
5. I picked the names Jade and Austin because together they sounded like Jane Austen, one of my favorite classic authors.
5 Fun Facts About Wreck Me:
1. I came up with title Wreck Me after falling in love with the song Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus.
2. In Wreck Me Piper is put on Academic probation for partying too much. I had the same experience when I first went to college. The only difference is I got kicked out. I didn’t go back to school until I was 30 years old. And now I can proudly say not only do I have a BA I also have a Masters.
3. Piper, the protagonist, has three sisters and my plan is to give each one of them their own story.
4. The band Almost Broken mentioned in Wreck Me was named by one of my FaceBook friends.
5.The song Driving Wheel used in the Wreck Me book trailer is sung by 15 year old Zach Pearson. He recorded the song on his iPhone.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
1. My favorite new snack is apple slices with Almond butter.
2. I didn’t own a computer until I was twenty-eight years old.
3. I have tons of notebooks with short stories I’ve written and almost half of them take place in the Bronx.
4. I prefer upstate NY than New York City
5. I try to go to at least six concerts every summer. And two of those are always an O.A.R concert. In fact my first concert this summer is the same day Wreck Me is release. I’m going to see Journey.