In celebration of the Wreck Me and Regret Me Not release on June 17, 2014 Danielle Sibarium and I are sharing 25 fun fact about ourselves and our books.
5 Fun Facts About Hold on Tight:
1. I came up with the idea for the story Hold on Tight after watching a marathon of Dawson Creek and Felicity when I was sick with the flu.
2. The first character I came up with was Court.
3. Bethel Woods, the place three scenes take place is ten miles from my house, and it’s where I go to see summer concert. It is also the home of where the Woodstock concert took place 45 years ago.
4.The main character Emma’s love of ice cream was inspired by me. I believe happiness can be found in a bowl of ice cream.
5.Hold on Tight has had three different covers. What can I say I get bored very quickly.
5 Fun Facts About Letting Go:
1. When I was 80% done with the Letting Go manuscript I lost my laptop, which contained the only copy. I had to rewrite the whole book, making sure I saved it on three different memory sticks.
2. One of the scenes takes place at an O.A.R concert at Bowery Ball Room in New York City. I really went to that concert three days before Hold on Tight was official released.
3. Every chapter in Hold on Tight and Letting Go were titled after songs. And the town Cypress Oak was named after the rap group Cypress Hill.
4. My dream is to open a cafe just like the Black Bird Cafe, where the characters Mila and Nash work.
5. Every time I had to work on the scene between Emma and her mother, where the truth is revealed, I cried hysterically.
5 Fun Facts About Because of You:
1. I got the idea for the story Because of You after watching this Youtube video:
2. Because of You was first titled Austin & Jade and then By Your Side.
3. I am not fan of One Direction, but their song Moments became the song I listened to non-stop while writing Because of You.
4. I modeled Austin after the guy I wish I had dated in high school
5. I picked the names Jade and Austin because together they sounded like Jane Austen, one of my favorite classic authors.
5 Fun Facts About Wreck Me:
1. I came up with title Wreck Me after falling in love with the song Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus.
2. In Wreck Me Piper is put on Academic probation for partying too much. I had the same experience when I first went to college. The only difference is I got kicked out. I didn’t go back to school until I was 30 years old. And now I can proudly say not only do I have a BA I also have a Masters.
3. Piper, the protagonist, has three sisters and my plan is to give each one of them their own story.
4. The band Almost Broken mentioned in Wreck Me was named by one of my FaceBook friends.
5.The song Driving Wheel used in the Wreck Me book trailer is sung by 15 year old Zach Pearson. He recorded the song on his iPhone.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
1. My favorite new snack is apple slices with Almond butter.
2. I didn’t own a computer until I was twenty-eight years old.
3. I have tons of notebooks with short stories I’ve written and almost half of them take place in the Bronx.
4. I prefer upstate NY than New York City
5. I try to go to at least six concerts every summer. And two of those are always an O.A.R concert. In fact my first concert this summer is the same day Wreck Me is release. I’m going to see Journey.
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19230478-wreck-me
Make sure you join the party on June 17, 2014 to win awesome prizes: https://www.facebook.com/events/1412416575705742/
Enter to win a Wreck Me Floating Necklace (1 Winner), a $25 Victoria Secret Gift Card (2 winners), a Wreck Me Tote Bag (8 winners)
Click Below to Enter to win