Yay! I was excited to hear my blog was nominated by Jen Naumann for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Jen, you are awesome!.
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Random Facts About Me
- I have nine tattoos and I can’t wait to get more.
- I read Spanish cards, which is something like tarot cards. I only read my friend’s cards and of course mine.
- I always wish I could have gone to Woodstock 69’, but that was way before I came into this earth. I did however get to go to Woodstock 94’ and 99’.
- The boy band Menudo was my first love. I lived for them. Don’t judge me I was in the third grade.
- I always wished I needed to wear glasses; meanwhile I am the only person in my family that doesn’t need them.
- My best friend is five years younger than me, but she acts more mature than I do.
- My love for reading happened when I was in the 7th grade and we were assigned to read The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. I read it in one day. After that book I couldn’t wait to dive into a new book. Later in high school my English teachers tried to kill my love for reading by assigning the most boring books ever, which I couldn’t relate to. I’m not a big fan of the classics.
- In high school English was my worst subject, but in college, not only did I major in it, I also became part of the English Honor Society.
- I do not have any children, not by choice. It was tough at first, but now I enjoy it. I work with three and four year olds and love coming home to a quite house. Besides a baby crying is the most annoying sound to me.
- I love going to concerts and dancing around the lawn. Yes, I always get lawn seats! I hate being trapped in a seat unless I’m going to stadium to see a concert. I plan to be the old lady surrounded by young people at shows. Although, I vow to never look my age.
- I love wearing jeans with holes in them and shirts with skulls on them. The skull symbol is all over my car. It’s the badass in me wanting to come out. To bad the dork side of me keeps the badass trapped deep inside.
Questions From My Nominator
1. If you could live the life of any character in a book, who would that be and why?
The girl from 50 Shades of Grey, I’m just kidding. I would love to be Megan from Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols. It’s my all time favorite book. I love that she finds the strength at the end to change her spiraling life. It also helps that she has someone like John After in her life. He’s pretty hot.
2. What do you like to do to relax?
I light incense and listen to music really loud as I dance around my room. My attention span is too short to sit around in a tub or meditating. I get bored way too easily.
3 What’s your favorite vacation memory?
It’s the first trip I ever took with my husband, who was my boyfriend at the time. We went to Lake Placid in Upstate New York. It was a great time and I fell in love with the area. I knew then I didn’t want live in the city, but instead I wanted to live in the country. I have a little of both now.
4. Do you have any strange quirks?
I have to have the television on when I fall asleep. I hate complete silence.
5. What are some of your favorite movies?
My list is so long, but I will name a couple: Dazed and Confused, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Breakfast Club, 50 First Date, Pitch Perfect, & Sixteen Candles.
6. What do you and your best friend like to do together?
We love dancing in the car. Before she had children she was also my concert buddy. We also used to watch Lifetime movies on the phone with each other. I miss those days.
7. If you could see anyone in concert, alive or dead, who would that be?
I would love to see Led Zeppelin and Kings of Leon. I also don’t care how many times I’ve seen O.A.R in concert I get excited just thinking of seeing them again.
8. Favorite childhood memory?
I don’t remember which Christmas it was, but I remember my mother gave me a second hand typewriter (this was before everyone owned a computer) and a stack of paper. To this day it has been the best present ever. I wish I still had that typewriter.
9. Is there any book in particular that’s really had some kind of impact on your life? How so?
Forever by Judy Bloom. It not only taught me about the birds and the bees, but it also made me fall in love with the YA romance. I knew then this is what I wanted to write about.
10. You just won the lottery. What would you do with the money?
First I would do a happy dance, and then pay my debt off and quit my job.
11. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Finding out that people actually read my thoughts. I love finding out someone liked it. To me it’s like winning the lottery.
K.L. Toth ~ Creative Expressions
L.H Cosway ~ L.H Cosway’s Blog
Leigh Statham ~ Scribble Leigh
Brittany Severn ~ Brittany Severn
Angela ~ Ang Writes
Marisa Reichardt ~ Young Adultish
Kerrie ~ Read and Repeat
My Questions for my Nominees:
1. When did you fall in love with reading?
2. Which book almost turned you off to reading?
3. Whose your favorite band or singer?
4: When is the last time you fell in love and how did it happen?
5. What’s the one thing you can’t live without and why?
6: What’s the best and worst part about blogging?
7. If you can lecture one character from a book who would it be and what would you tell them?
8. What’s your best and worst trait?
9. If your life was a reality show what would the title be?
10. If you could go to dinner with anyone famous who would it be?
11. Name three book titles, without thinking of the stories themselves, that describe your life right now?
Thank you for my nomination, Maria. I am truly honored. I love that you and your BFF watched Lifetime movies on the phone together. My friends and I text each other during The Bachelor/ette. So much more fun watching it that way.